My list of thanks and gratitude for all that you have done and been for me is longer than the circumference of the earth. For all the times you tied my shoes, wiped my nose, kissed my tears, made me my favorite meals, sang with me, made castles in my turtle sandbox, taught me to draw, took me to church, smiled and nodded for each silly and outlandish dream I ever had, the gentle corrections in my behavior and attitude, and for all the times you said you loved me. I honor the good times, the hard times, and all the wacky moments in between. I love you sweet mama of mine!
To All Moms,
Thank you for your commitment to your children, for your choice to sacrifice your own needs for those of your family, and for doing it with strength and grace.
May you all feel loved and appreciated this Mothers Day,
To celebrate all of you mothers and mothers-to-be, Core Wellness is hosting 2 events this week!
May 15th TAPING FOR PREGNANCY
Join Dr. Elizabeth Polis, as she takes you through the various aches and pains expectant mothers go through during each trimester. Learn how self applied therapeutic taping techniques can minimize theses little bothers, and how they can facilitate preparation for delivery and post natal recovery. These techniques aren’t just for pain of course! They are also great for added stability and muscle recruitment in your favorite pre and post natal pilates and yoga class. Have you been to Mind The Mat? Visit them at their two convenient locations in Del Ray, and Arlington.
Sign Up : Here
May 17th WHOA BABY! I’M STRESSED.
- Learn how stress manifests within the body biologically, physiologically (e.g. “flight or fight” response) and emotionally
- Explore causes of stress, reactions to stress and heath effects of stress along with the benefits of stress reduction and the “relaxation response”
- Understand current scientific literature on prenatal stress, “tend and befriend”, and stress in children
- Identify coping strategies, time management skills, and quick stress reducers to manage acute stressful situations
- Learn relaxation techniques, long-term stress reduction techniques, and ways to adopt a healthy lifestyle
*Format of class will be half lecture and half experiential
Sign Up: Here
For general physical therapy for pre and post natal needs , please call and as us all of your questions!